This is a very tasty and easy to make Rice Bowl recipe for your next camping trip. You won’t have to worry about grabbing extra late night snacks after chowing down on this classic. I like to use some spicy salsa to really get the taste bud juices flowing.
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup of Brown Rice
- 16 oz Black Beans
- 1 lb Steak plus Barbecue sauce
- ½ large red pepper
- 6 large Kale leaves
- 2 Tbs Tamari Sauce
- 1 bunch Cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 cub shredded cheese
- Salsa (amount to taste, but I like 1/4 cup)
- Salt and Pepper (just enough for the Kale)
There are a bunch of different rice bowl recipes that are worth looking into. Here is a link with a different spin on the same classic rice bowl. The comment from the writer of this article states it directly: “making dinner stupid easy (and delicious)” pretty much sums it up . Here is an additional rice bowl recipe from this site that is pretty easy as well.
You can interchange the meat topping as well. I used marinated deer steak, but beef works awesome as well. If you are interested in additional recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner take a look at my main recipes page. If you are in need of verifying that you have all of the camp cooking gear for your trip, take a look at this page.
Rice Bowl Directions
- Pre Cook brown rice at home or plan on an additional 15 minutes added to the recipe time to cook your rice in camp.
- Put your steak in marinade the night before your trip or at least 30 minutes before you cook.
- Fire up the barbecue and put your steaks on over medium heat. Cook about 10-12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Dice up the red pepper and cut the kale leaves into 1-2 inch chunks. Place ½ Tbs of olive oil in pan, place the kale and chopped red pepper in the pan, sprinkle some salt and pepper over the vegetables and cook over medium heat. After a few minutes add a Tbs of Tamari sauce and a little salt and pepper. Cook an additional 5-10.
- Rinse the black beans in a colander then heat in a pan. Rinsing your beans will save the day by keeping the farting at bay afterwords.
- Cut up cilantro, avocado, and shred your cheese.
- Add warm rice in a bow, top with black beans, red pepper/kale mix, avocado, cilantro and cheese.
- Cut up steak into slices and place over the mix.
- Add your desired amount of salsa on top.
- Sour Cream is always a bonus ingredient that can add value to the dish.
- Serve with your favorite beverage and Enjoy!
This Fiesta Steak Rice Bowl will be a camp favorite. Complete a few easy preparation steps at home to make your camp preparation a snap. Try to mix it up a bit and add any extra ingredients you see fit.
It’s pretty hard to mess this bowl recipe up. Do you know of another camp recipe website or do you have a few of your favorites? Let us know in the comments below how the Fiesta Steak Bowl compares.