Here is a quick and easy Camp Quesadilla recipe for your next camping trip. Try Quesadilla’s when you want a nice blast of cheesy goodness but are tired of some of the typical sandwich type stuff we tend to eat while camping. This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook.
- 2 Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Olive Oil
You can vary the amount of cheese and sausage you put into your Quesadilla if you are watching your weight. Take a look at this link for additional nutritional information for a basic cheese Quesadilla. I feel that one of the enjoyments of camping is eating a little bit in excess. It’s one of our breaks from the normal week so it’s ok to let go a little on some of these ingredients. If you need help planning this and other meals for your trip take a look at Tip #4 here on meal planning.
- Chop up your spinach, shred your cheese and chop up your sausage of choice into little bite size chunks (I prefer breakfast type sausage but any sausage will do).
- Cook your sausage separately until completely cooked (don’t under cook sausage)
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of oil into your large pan and turn the stove onto a low simmer setting.
- Add one tortilla onto your pan and place shredded cheese onto the tortilla covering half of the area.
- After the cheese just starts to melt, add the salsa, spinach and sausage.
- Place the second tortilla on top of these ingredients and lightly toast each side.
- After a few minutes flip the tortilla over to toast the other side.
- After the cheese has melted and the tortillas are golden brown, you are ready to pull it off of the stove.
- Pull it out of the pan and cut up into pizza looking slices.
- For a creamier topping add sour cream and enjoy!
Drop me an email and let me know if this Camp Quesadilla recipe was helpful and if you have other similar recipes you might like to add for the community. Take a look at the Camping Recipe page for other helpful ideas of how to make that next camping trip a great one.