Have you been getting tired of the same old camping recipes? The hot dog or burger isn’t quite doing it for you anymore? This Red Curry Recipe is actually very easy and doesn’t take too long to put together.
I will show you some simple and quick steps to prepare this for your next camping trip. Let me know how it turned out for you. I have also included some additional camping recipes here. If these recipes just make you bored then check out what Glamping is all about so you don’t have to think about cooking.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 oz Red Curry Paste
- 1 lb Pork Loin
- 1/2 Large Onion
- 6 Broccoli Crowns
- 10 Asparagus tips
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1/2 yellow Pepper
- Sriracha Sauce to taste
- 2 Cups of Rice
You can save time if you pre chop all of your vegetables and pre cook rice at home prior to getting to camp. Sometimes it is nice to minimize the time you are behind the stove so you have more time to do the other stuff you enjoy. If you have questions about camping stoves or need to purchase a new one, take a look at this link to the best 2 Burner camping stoves.
Red Curry Directions
- Start boiling water to cook 2 cups of rice or heat up your pre cooked rice in a medium size pot
- Cut up your vegetables if you haven’t done this at home already (Go ahead and add your favorite vegetables if you like)
- Mix coconut milk and red curry paste in a large pan and turn heat on med/high.
- Cut your pork loin into 1 inch chunks and place in curry sauce.
- Cook meat in sauce mix for 5-10 minutes
- Add onion to sauce and cook 2-3 minutes
- add sriracha or similar spice to your desired level
- Add the rest of the vegetables to the sauce mix, turn heat down to simmer, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is cooked to your liking.
- Add rice to your plate and add a nice scoop of your curry sauce mix on top and enjoy.
- Go ahead and add additional sriracha or similar spice as needed to adjust your heating level
Take a quick look at this link if you are interested in additional curry recipes. I used pork in this recipe but go ahead and substitute in your meat of choice.
Red Curry Recipe Conclusion
There you have it. A super quick and super tasty red curry recipe for your next trip. Go ahead and mix things up a bit, add your favorite vegetables and spice to heat things up. You will save a bunch of time if you pre cut the vegetables and pre cook the rice at home.
Give this Red Curry Recipe a shot and let me know what you think. If you have your own favorite curry recipe or camping recipe in general, leave a comment below.